International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF)
Advancd Data Analyst!!! Apply here - https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=iaffhq&jobId=39920&lang=en_US&source=CC2
$75.5K starting salary rising to $90.5K within two years - SUPERB benefits including FREE health insurance for self and dependents, 401k match, pension, etc!
Us - With headquarters in Washington, DC, and Ottawa, Ontario, the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) represents more than 300,000 full-time professional fire fighters and paramedics in more than 3,100 affiliates.
You should be able to filter, “clean,” and process quantitative information from a variety of sources, handle multiple tasks, and interact effectively with clients and colleagues. The ideal candidate will have experience with data management and analysis of data from multiple sites and in multiple formats.
· Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques and provide reports
· Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
· Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
· Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
· Identify key business levers, establish cause & effect, perform analyses, and communicate key findings to various stakeholders to facilitate data-driven decisions, find new opportunities to grow and optimize operational response through analytics
· Work with clients to define project requirements
· Research technical issues
· Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team including GIS analyst, performance measurement specialist, media relations, communications, and Labor Issues experts
· Ability to provide deliverables in a timely manner
· Ability to translate findings and effectively communicate with clients regarding issues, needs, and/or priority setting for projects
· Support the department’s mission through financial & strategic planning and benchmarking.
· Extensive experience and/or working knowledge of decision-based or business analytic software.
· Emerging Technologies - Knowledge of and ability to design, apply and evaluate new information technologies for business environments in order to improve work productivity and accuracy.
· Professional experience in data analysis, data modeling, data mining, segmentation techniques, statistical analysis, and reporting
· Ability to coordinate large volume datasets
· Experience with census data and other publically available risk management data for emergency response
· Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics, Business Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Programming, data science or research, or related field; Master’s preferred
· Ability to conduct quality assurance activities
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Additional Preferred Skills/Experience:
· Professional experience in ESRI ArcGIS
· Professional experience with open source GIS libraries
· Experience modeling and automating complex GIS workflows
· Knowledge of Fire/EMS Operations or Public Safety
· Knowledge of advanced statistical analysis such as using R or Python, or mathematics such as queuing theory or game theory
· Experience with PostGIS
· Database administration
· Excellent oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills
· Strong analytical abilities, solid analytical and trouble-shooting skills, with the ability to quickly identify and solve client issues
· Effective time management and prioritization skills
· Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommended solutions
The IAFF is an EEO/AA employer, and members of traditionally disadvantaged groups are strong encouraged to apply.