Here's some advice on asking a question in the forums. Think to yourself, "If I were a person trying to ANSWER this question, what information would I need?"...and them make sure to provide that information
In the question above, You've not giving people any information that we can leverage in an to attempt to help you. Based on what we see, the only thing one can say is either "Give us more information" or "Try altering permissions". Neither of these are useful to YOU.
If you want to make a good meal (get a good answer), you must use good ingredients (information).
- What have you tried?
- What error messages are appearing?
- What is the difference between the reports that "work" and the ones that "don't work"
Sorry, but a screenshot of a spinning GIF isn't enough The screenshot above also doesn't have anything to do with publishing a workbook, so what you've posted doesn't seem "connected" to your original question.
I don't mean to be difficult, but you need to give the community a bit more information.
- Does any error message occur eventually?
- Have you EVER been able to login to Tableau Server? If so, what changed?
- Have you hacked the sign-in pages in any way?
- Have you done basic troubleshooting like restarting the server?
Along with what Russel has stated, what is meant by "publish embedded reports"? That does not make sense. Are you trying to display reports that are embedded on a web page? Are you using an API or other scripting?
I was trying to display reports that are embedded on a web page, I am not using any scripting.
I am able to do that with some of my reports, but others are not displaying.
Are you a Tableau Server administrator or only a user? Because it sounds like it could be something to do with permissions.
I am a site Admin
Ok. See if there is a common reason for the workbooks that are not displaying as to why they are not displaying.
- I would start by checking the permissions at the workbook level and then project level.
- What authentication is happening at the Tableau Server level (auto-logon? type of authentication process e.g. Kerberos, AD, etc.)
- You will need your Tableau Server administrator's help. They should look at the log files for the time that the problem occurs, there may be errors it's logging that could help.
- You need to do some trouble-shooting/experimenting so you can nail down (reproduce) what is happening. This will give you clues as to where to find the solution.