Here you Go..
It is very easy to get it done.
on your sheet right click and select duplicate as Crosstab. It will give you the desired result, I am not able to open your file so can not send you the exact data points. In case you face any issue reply back to me.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Currently you are using green fields on the rows shelf. When in fact we want to make these be text. To start clear your sheet or start a new one whichever is easier for you.
1) Drag Department onto your columns shelf.
2) Drag Profit to the text shelf of the marks card
3) Drag Order Quantity into the view where the value is for profit
4) Notice that by in doing this your green field on the text shelf of the marks shelf now says 'measure values' and on the filters shelf and rows shelf you have a new field called measure names.
5) Drag discount onto the measure values card (it exists directly under the marks card)
You can also do step 5) by dragging discount onto the values shown in the view or by opening your measure names filter and adjusting from there.
Step 3 can be accomplished my double clicking order quantity instead.
All of these can be done differently by actually using the fields measure names and measure values directly instead of using the other values to begin with. For more understanding how these work (essentially a small pivot) please see this blog post: https://interworks.co.uk/blog/measure-names-values-tableau/
Thanks a lot!
This was easier than expected