My use case is -
1. I have a web application where I want to show graphs.
2. But I do not want to make direct query from js to tableau rather i will have one more layer of abstraction
3. From webpage request will go to my server side java code
4. My server side java code will generate or update tde file based on user query
5. My java code will call tableau REST api with the tde filename
6. But my tableau server and server side java code is on same machine so I expect that I should just able to send the location/path of file through my rest apis instead of sending file
7. Then Tableau should return view url to my java code and my java code will return that url to web page which i will embed in my page.
My questions are -
1. How can java code specify tde filename present on tableau server to use for creating visualization?
I feel like there is a better way, but don't quite know what your motivation is in this case.
Why the extra layer between Tableau and your web page?
Become a Viz Whiz on the Forums!
Support the Community and master Tableau.
Retrieving data ...