Please apply online through the link above. Job ID: 8355
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Associate Content Editor: Medical
Applies editorial and technical skills, in training and under moderate supervision, to review and edit health and medical content submitted by internal and external writers to ensure that it meets the requirements and quality expectations for EBSCO Health products. Develops skills to exercise independent judgment to evaluate content and determine its suitability for publication. Works directly with the Senior Managing Editor: Medical, Proprietary Content Development and Management.
- Apply copy editing protocols according to context to improve content quality before online publishing
- Research and complete content enhancement projects
- Monitor product libraries to correct stylistic and functional content problems across products on a regular basis
- Identify and promote more efficient methods and workflows for ongoing editorial efforts
- Communicate with product teams and managers as needed to resolve open issues
- Attend training sessions covering editorial policies and procedures
- Contribute to efforts to update documentation on editorial policies and procedures
- Assist with other projects as assigned by supervisor
30 Day Objectives:
- Complete initial training sessions with each member of the team.
- Achieve a basic understanding and working use of PCMS/CCMS, Oxygen, and EBSCO Health XML structures within 30 days.
- Begin performing global routine (MARS) content updates according to schedule for medical products within 30 days.
90 Day Objectives:
- Build knowledge of DynaMed style and use of the online Help System. Demonstrate efficient use of the system and proficiency in applying the style to DynaMed content within 90 days.
- Become familiar with EBSCO Lean initiatives, including Kanban, Agile, and SAFe and begin use of Rally/AC within 90 days.
- Learn and incorporate the use of key supporting applications and tools, such as Agent Ransack, Topic Archivist, Template Matcher, and SLAM within 90 days.
- Edit 250 SLS articles for DynaMed under supervision within 90 days.
180 Day Objectives:
- Begin editing partial and full topics for DynaMed within 90 days and become proficient (as determined by reviewers) within 180 days.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding and self-sufficiency in the use of PCMS/CCMS, Oxygen, and EBSCO Health XML structures within 180 days.
- Successfully complete 2-3 editorial projects in support of EBSCO Health product groups as assigned by Senior Managing Editor within 180 days.
- Efficiency – produces significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Organization/Planning – plans, organizes time in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Intelligence – learns quickly. Easily understands and absorbs new information.
- Analytical skills – works to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draws insightful conclusions.
- Persistence – demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get it done. Follows up.
- Proactivity – acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Flexibility/adaptability – adjusts easily to changes and shifts in priorities.
- High standards/attention to detail – expects high personal and team performance.
- Communication – speaks and writes clearly and articulately in a professional manner.
- Teamwork – promotes collaborative working relationships with peers, supervisors, and direct reports.
- Positive Attitude
- Good Judgement
- Open Communication
- Desire to Make an Impact
- Eager to Understand
- Team Player
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Education or related field (a medical or scientific background is not required)
- 1 year of editorial experience
- Excellent language skills (especially grammar, editing, and written communication)
- Strong analytical abilities and close attention to detail
- Knowledge of editorial style and processes, database management, and project management
- Knowledge of editing concepts such as tracking changes
- Project-focused to complete tasks under moderate supervision and report on completed assignments
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with XML helpful
Why the North Shore of Boston and EBSCO are great places to live and work!
Here at EBSCO we will provide relocation assistance to the best and brightest people. We are 45 minutes outside of Boston just minutes from the beach in Ipswich, MA. Ipswich is a part of the North Shore and contains a wide variety of locally owned shops, restaurants, and farms. It is not only a great area to work but to raise a family. Below are resources for you to review to better familiarize yourself with Ipswich and the North Shore area. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out EBSCO’s Talent Acquisition Team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ***, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.