A hundred thousand rows should not really be an issue.
how many columns are there and what is the size of the file.
have you tried removing the formatting and naming the data range.
also another thing to try would be to convert the file to a csv and try loading that
if all that fails your only option is to create and empty extract publish the datasource to the server and let the server do the refresh.
See link below
Hello, I have 47 columns. The file is 98.6 MB.
I have tried removing the formatting and the range, it still isn't getting the output I want, which is: Customer ID, count of duplicates, which codes were duplicated, service date.
Have you attempted pulling in a subset of data and checking if your report works.
Also the link I sent above is worth a try I have used the above method to pull in data for huge extracts spanning millions of rows and hundred + columns