Ben, this is a whole new set of questions so I branched it into its own thread.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
1. Server has two licensing models:
- Based upon the number of cores
- Based upon the number of licensed users who can access Server
Given that you have a "small team" I would recommend #2 as it's less costly. However! it's always best to talk to a Tableau sales/support representative to determine what will work best for you now and into the future.
2. To share the published data sources easily it is rather nice because it's a one-stop location for that and other things like getting reports. However, you can save a data source and copy it to a common network drive that others can use. However, they could edit the data source and potentially mess things up. If it were coming from the Tableau Server you would be able to lock it down via permissions so that wouldn't happen
3. Uhm, er, ? Well, I suppose so as you create "one version of the truth" to which everyone uses.