This is my first time using tableau forums to post a question. Excuse me if I am unclear.
Jonathan Drummey, in the past, I found many answers by referring to your posts\replies. If you could help me figure out a solution for the problem mentioned below, it would be great.
In my data set, I have two data fields named Start Date and End Date for work orders. Using these, I want to calculate:
- - Total no. work orders that came in – by month
- - Total no. work orders that were completed – by month
- - Running Total no. work orders that are pending – by month (Cannot accomplish this)
To calculate the total no of work order that came in every month, I created:
- - Date_Start calculated field based on Start Date -> DATETRUNC('month',[Start Date]) and another calculated field named NewInv_Test -> SUM(IIF(DATEPART('month',[Start Date])=DATEPART('month',[Date_Start]),1,0)) that counts the total number of orders that came in.
To calculate the total no of work order that were completed in every month, I created:
- - Date_End calculated field based on End Date -> DATETRUNC('month',[End Date]) and calculated field named EndInv_Test -> SUM(IIF(DATEPART('month',[End Date])=DATEPART('month',[Date_End]),1,0)) )) that counts the total number of orders that were completed in each month.
Then, I created two sheets – one with Start Month on the X axis and the other with End Month on the X axis.
The problem here is, since there is no common axis (date) for orders coming in and orders being completed, I am unable to calculate a running total.
I was able to create the dashboard with running total based on table calculations for orders coming in and orders completed using Excel table calculations. I want to replicate this in Tableau.
Attached are the following:
Inventory_From Dates -> the workbook I am having problems with
Inventory Management -> the workbook I created based of a table with calculations in Excel
Example of Inventory calculation -> data source for Inventory_From Dates. Also has the table calculations for Inventory Management
Inventory Data Reshaped -> Sheet with final table from Example of Inventory calculation. Also, data source for Inventory Management workbook