The same issue I was facing and I wasted a lot of time to resolve this issue, I tried to install many lower version of Tableau 9.0 (9.0.7, 9.0.6, 9.0.5) but it was not working. Then I Installed Tableau 9.0.0 and then I tried to install 9.1 release and it works fine.
Looks like there is some bug in release from 9.0.1 to 9.0.7 of Tableau.
Akarsh, were you able to solve your URL issue? What version you were using? I had the same issue with 9.0.6 and yours was the only post I landed to. If you copy from the address bar then it should not have any problems (I didn't have any). I was copying the URL from the "Share" link in the web report. After this unusual behavior none of the previously picked up URLs worked. In fact I needed customized URLs for displaying the reports on giant monitors.
So coming to the issue, if you are using version 9 you would have observed this '#' character in your URL. When i copied the URL using the Share option, this character was not present. But the URLs still worked fine before. Now i added this '#' in the URL (after the server name) and all started working fine.
Give a try.