I've posted this on our web data connector page where hopefully someone can help out!
I appreciate you spreading the word. I'm waiting on internal sign-off on getting access to our ADP data. As I'm sure you're aware, no one wants their personnel record open to just anyone.
Hopefully I will end up with a data connector that I can share.
I'm also looking for a connector for ADP. I hope someone will be able to make a web connector for it.
Let us know if you find anything out.
So, here's an update to how I got around this issue. ADP doesn't have any kind of connector or even a web portal that I could use the 9.1 web connector on. However, I have a semi-manual process now.
Here's the process:
1. HR exports a report in CSV format that has the punch times and total hours worked (the data I needed)
2. HR drops this CSV in a common folder
3. We have an automation job that looks in that folder every few minutes for new files.
4. New file found will then import (bulk insert) into a SQL staging table (with logic to prevent duplicate imports, duplicate rows, etc.)
5. SQL Stored procedure takes data from staging and moves to a permanent table (and updates the staging data row to mark it as imported)
6. Tableau datasource is then created against the SQL permanent table and is now used in the viz
It's an ugly hack and it requires a human to export the data.
It's the best we could come up with for now.
Have you been able to find any automated solutions to connecting Tableau to ADP?
Has anyone tried CloverDX for loading ADP Data into Tableau?