A workaround for applying all the filters at once would be by using action filter.
- Create a calculated field which basically is a string "Apply"
- Create a sheet and place Apply on the row shelf, make this string look like a button that a user can click on
- Place all fields that are used as filter on this sheet, make sure these are the filters shown on the dashboard and not from any of the other sheets.
- Now place this sheet on the dashboard and show all of the filters.
- Create an action filter from the apply sheet to all the sheets on the dashboard.
So now when the filters are selected the apply sheet is affected and then when the apply sheet is clicked the action filter affects the rest of the sheets on the dashboard.
Attached is a sample workbook with this functionality.
Hope this helps
You can use this thread for more ideas: http://community.tableau.com/thread/124357
Apply button.twbx 1.5 MB