3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2014 4:20 PM by Tracy Rodgers

Question for Tracy or Patrick...

Shawn Wallwork

Not counting the 'opinion' type questions (like Why T is wasting time on Mac OS), what is the highest number of replies it took to finally arrive at a correct answer? I ask because today I noticed one that has 72 replies, yet still no Green Checkmark. Just curious.

tracy.fitzgerald Patrick Van Der Hyde

--Shawn

• 1. Re: Question for Tracy or Patrick...
          Tracy Rodgers

Hi Shawn,

That's a little bit of a harder question to answer - since sometimes the correct answer is earlier in the thread. Are you curious about highest number of replies to a question that has no marked as correct?

That would be the one you're referring to: Need to create buffer around points. behind your Quiz: Most often asked.... at 94 (those this is more of a opinion question).

The average number of replies in a thread that has an answer marked as correct is 6 - but again that's not where in the thread it's marked as correct, and it also includes those opinion questions which can skew the number.

-Tracy

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Question for Tracy or Patrick...
            Shawn Wallwork

Thanks Tracy. That's all interesting. I suppose I better question is what are the top 10 (by reply count) that have not yet been marked correct. Then we can weed out the opinion ones. Also as long as we're at it, I'm interested in the whole 'follow-on' questions that happen after a question has been marked answered.

My thinking, interest in all this is how best to 'cull' the forums. Lots of great info/ideas/solutions are presented in these long threads, but they become very difficult to discover, unless you're willing to read through the whole thing. Also, lots of good discussion/ideas/solutions happen after a thread has been marked correct. Also difficult to discover.

I suppose my question really is, are you able to provide us with some basic data analysis of this situation?

--Shawn

• 3. Re: Question for Tracy or Patrick...
              Tracy Rodgers

Totally valid points - and some that I think of as well.

Let me see what I can come up with in the next couple of weeks and get back to you on this one!

-Tracy

1 of 1 people found this helpful