2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2014 1:26 AM by vijaykumar.h

The Tableau server is running on the EC2 instance.

vijaykumar.h

I have a Tableau server running on EC2 instance followed steps from this documentation

Tableau Server & Amazon AWS - Installation Walkthrough

What additional information or what things i require to connect to that tableau server from a remote desktop?

please somebody guide me on this!

I am not able to understand that how would a remote computer connect to the tableau server running on EC2 instance?

• 1. Re: The Tableau server is running on the EC2 instance.
          vikram bandarupalli

Hi VijayKumar,

What exactly is your question?

I'm assuming that you have successfully installed tableau on your EC2. Are you able to access the URL from your local browser?

Where did you install your tableau desktop?  Is it on the same machine as the server?

RDP is used is for connecting to an instance on amazon EC2. Since this is an windows setup, you need to RDP to connect to your server machine and make any configuration changes.

Thanks,

Vikram

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: The Tableau server is running on the EC2 instance.
            vijaykumar.h

Hi vikram ! thanks for your reply the issue was solved with RDP and fire wall settings!

I got another issue

I got Tableau server 8.2(with license key) and i have amazon redshift database

so i need to know if is it possible to connect to Redshift database from Tableau server and get started?

I know datasource can be published from Tableau desktop to tableau server but i dont have a desktop license?

so is there any way to connect tableau server to redshift database

thnks in advance!