Welcome to Tableau Community!
First of all go through the document in the attached link - Getting the Most From the Tableau Forums
BTW, For comparing two weeks I have used parameters. Check the attached file in which I have created sheets according to 3 different scenarios. Hope this may help! Let me know if you have further questions.
Here I have also used different shapes for KPI indicators. You can learn it from here -
*Post your queries to forums, not to Community Canvas.
Tracy Rodgers Please move this to forum.
Weekly ScoreCard.twbx 972.2 KB
Thanks for the reply but i am unable to open teh tableau workbook as i am using tableau 8.0 and it shows the error as
the file is created with newer version of the Tableau. can you just give the code so that i can try that or can you explain me how to do that.
Thanks & Regards,
1. Create a data parameter
2. make a calculated field sum(metric) where ur table date = param date---take week of it---give curr wk
3.make a calculated field sum(metric) where ur table date = param date-7----take week of it---give prev wk
4. make a calculated field 2-3
5. use value of 4 in shapes and use up and down arrow for -ve and +ve value.
If you have metric already in weekly basis than you can directly use table calculation.
It will be better if u attach a sample
We can't open a workbook of a higher version in lower version of Tableau. You still need steps or Arup steps work for you? Let me know if any query.
I was going through your sampled worksheet and some of my observations on the same.
When i select Week Number parameter and set it as 2 and year as 2010, it is giving week 2 and week 3 sales comparison. But actually it should be week 2 and week 1 sales comparison , correct me if i am wrong ...
Had changed the previous week calculation to
if ([Week Number] - 1) == datepart('week',[Order Date]) then [Sales] end
Now its coming proper.
I have tried that option and i was unable to get the answer and when i put the week end date i am getting only the year and not the week number so that is the reason i am unable to get the answer. so can you please help me with any other steps you have so that i can try that.
Thanks & regards,
Here are the steps -
1) For creating parameter, first create a calculated field - datepart('week',[Order Date]) & using this calculated field create your week parameter, that will provide you all the week number from 1 to 53.
2) Create Current week sales (Here Week Number is the name of Parameter) -
if [Week Number]==datepart('week',[Order Date]) then [Sales] end
3) Create Previous week Sales
if [Week Number]-1==datepart('week',[Order Date]) then [Sales] end
4) Put date parameter & show like below -
This shows the comparison between two weeks.
Now, If you want something like below then following are the steps -
1) Create a week parameter described in above method
2) Create a calculated field like below (Here Current Week & Previous Week are the fields we have created in previous method) -
if sum([Current Week])>sum([Previous Week]) then 'UP' else if sum([Current Week])<sum([Previous Week]) then 'Down'
else 'No Value' end end
3) Put this field into shape & color section.
Hope this may help!
Let me know if you have any further query.