1 of 1 people found this helpful
You'll need to hack your TMS file. You'll also need to be acutely aware that you'll need a Google API key.
I'm not going to provide any further assistance at the moment in the syntax and construction of the TMS, but here's the URL's to consider. Your milage may vary, but I have used these in the past; whether they still work or not I don't know.
- Hybrid - http://mt1.google.com/vt/lyrs=y&x=[x]&y=[y]&z=[z]
- Satellite - http://khm1.google.com/kh/v=101&x=[x]&y=[y]&z=[z]
Works for zoom level 13 and lower only.
- Street - http://mt0.google.com/vt/x=[x]&y=[y]&z=[z]
- Street - http://mt1.google.com/vt/lyrs=m&x=[x]&y=[y]&z=[z]
- Terrain - http://mt1.google.com/vt/lyrs=p&x=[x]&y=[y]&z=[z]
Thanks for the reply Allan. I never did figure it out but we are settling for the maps that come with Tableau in the meantime.
I had a similar issue with the lack of clarity provided by Tableau's built in maps. An exhaustive search online didn't produce enough high quality sources via WMS for my purpose, either. I ended up contracting with an outside source for a custom TMS file that was FANTASTIC and turned out to be quite affordable. (No, I'm not an agent of theirs). If you want more info, message me and we can talk. Here's a general look at the background map I ended up using.