The errors disappeared once I refreshed the connection yesterday, but now they're back again.
I know the table does actually exist because I can see data from it in another software package.
I've tried the PostgreSQL driver as well, but I still get the same errors.
I'm having a similar issue when using Tableau v8.1 and connecting to a multi-node instance of Amazon redshift. Seems to be problems with accessing the right schemas. I switched back to v8.0.1 and the problem doesn't occur.
I'm still having the same problem. I've tried with v8.1.0, v8.1.2 and v8.0.1 but no progress. I thought it was because my tables were in the public schema so I created a second schema but then I had different behavior from each version where the v 8.1.0 didn't even see my tables but v8.0.1 did see them but I had the same error again.
Could it have anything to do with the fact that my client is 32bit.
The only way I've found to workaround the problem was to supply Tableau with the custom SQL necessary to access the data. Using single or multiple tables just doesn't work with Tableau properly at the moment.
Upgrading to the latest maintenance release 8.1.3 (or 8.0.7) should resolve these issues. Please feel free to email me directly if you upgrade and are still having issues.
Product Manager, Tableau Software
We're experiencing this on v8.1; With a custom SQL query the connection keeps terminating.
No issues on v8.0.
I've raised a support query so will update here if we find anything out.