Hi Vara -
TabCmd will not let you secure a workbook at a granular level when you publish it. You'll need to "pre-secure" the various projects you might publish the workbork into using the Tableau Server portal:
- Create X Projects
- Secure each Project so that different groups (preferred) or users (can get messy fast) can see things in it
- Use TabCmd to add users to groups (tabcmd addusers)
- Publish reports to the correct project using TabCmd
Then, when you use TabCmd to publish the workbook into a particular portal, it will inherit the security properties of the project you dropped it in.
Thanks for your Inputs,
I have achieved the concept using Tabcmd in the following way,
- Logged in as Administrator and created a site as "test".
- Again logged in as Administrator for the site "test".
- Then I have created an user by using a csv file in tabcmd with name "testuser".
- Publishing specific workbook "testworkbook" (goes to the above site "test").
- So that when the "testuser" sign in to the Tableau server, the user would able to see only above specific workbook (testworkbook).