We're really excited about the upgrades that have now been rolled out to the Community site as of 5/30. This effort was primarily about making sure the underlying infrastructure of our platform was current as well as resolving some outstanding bugs:
- IE 10 Compatibility: Fixed
- Linking issues (including Ideas!): Fixed
While this upgrade did not include major site design changes, there are a bunch of more subtle changes that are actually incredibly cool. Here are a couple:
- @ Mentions: You can now type the '@' symbol in the middle of a message and then start typing someone's name to instantly start narrowing a list of the entire Tableau community (not just a list of the first seven people you follow anymore).
- Improved Breadcrumb: Now you'll always have a way to navigate back to the where you came from in the Community site. No more getting stuck somewhere and having to go all the way back to the support page.
- Auto-save: Messages now save automatically with timestamps so that you never have to worry about losing a really good response.
- Activity Tab: Profiles now include an activity tab that allow people to easily see the conversations you participate in.
- Drafts: The Content tab in your profile now includes the ability to see what things you might have in draft state
- Improved "Ask a Question" Recommendations: The search functionality for this widget is now much more accurate meaning new users are more likely to find the answer they are looking for instead of posting duplicate questions in the forums.
And the list goes on. We're still stumbling over little improvements that are pretty cool, so don't be surprised to continue to find stuff for the next few days.
We're not out of the woods though. Anytime technology need to upgrade or change little things sometimes get wrinkled and we're definitely finding some here and there already.
Please help us take care of these by responding to this message with things you find that are broken, annoying or you think could simply be better. We'll upkeep an ongoing list for everyone to see and let everyone what we'll be changing fast vs/ what will need to be lumped into the next sprint.
The following information is especially useful:
- What is the issue?
- What browser are you using?
- 1-5 How severe is this in your estimation?
- 1 = This effectively blocks me from using the Tableau Community site
- 3 = This is pretty annoying, but I can live with it for at least 1 week
- 5 = Mildly irritating, but should be prioritized below more critical things
Dustin & Tracy
|1001||Error when inserting image||Fixed|
|1002||Unable to see access Ideas in Comm. Canvas||Fixed|
|1003||Auto-Title Link functionality not working||Investigating|
|1004||@Mention messy click path||Investigating|
|1005||Categories on Navigation resulting in Unauthorized message|
|1006||"Attach a file" wording with Advanced Editor missing--not obvious where to attach||Investigating|
|1007||Sort the @mentions based on high scores|
|1008||Add Reply button is below thread||Investigating Options|
|1009||Multiple "Auto-saved version" messages|
|1010||No "Minor edit, don't notify" check box missing when editing a reply||Investigating|
|1011||Missing Advanced Editor with Idea replies and comments||Investigating|
|1012||Easier path to Community Canvas||Investigating Options|
|1013||Bullet formatting popup irritating|
|1014||Cropping photo results in error||Still Need Repro|
|1015||Too much white space in email notifications||Investigating Options/Difficult|
|1016||Only 1-2 'More' buttons available to click to see additional content/activity on Forums and Main page||Investigating|
|1017||Remove gray overall outlines from top level spaces (Forums, Community)||Fixed|
|1018||Make replies visible in the Forums conversation list||Fixed|
|1019||Change default for TCRL from 20 items to 500||Fixed|
|1020||Email alerts disabled for threads where users were previously active||Planned Fix--working w Jive|
|1021||Disable Help Bubbles that point towards disabled/hidden features||Not Fixing|
|1022||Quoting or Code formatting is fuzzy in IE8||Investigating|
|1023||Release Notes RSS Feed out of sync||Investigating|
|1024||Hover preview of people and places not consistent with actual content||Investigating|
|1025||Insert Image with IE8 only works in Adv. Editor if it's the very first action||Investigating|
|1026||No login to reply "Either area" content - potential spammer risk||Planned Fix|
|1027||IE-8: icons sometimes leave a text 'artifact' when switching from grid to list||Investigating|
|1028||URL's from online.tableausoftware.com don't appear until after publish in the editor window||Opened ticket w Jive|
Message was edited by: Tracy Fitzgerald