14 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2016 8:24 AM by ROGERIO FARIAS

Table structure with open date and close date columns

Amy Song

Hi there,

I have a table that is structured such that each row is an individual incident.  There are two date columns, one for the date when the incident was opened, and one for when the incident was closed (null if it is still open), and of course other descriptive columns as well for other details about the incident.

I am trying to figure out how to show the number of open tickets at a particular date.  I can't use either of the date columns (open/closed) in this view, since that only denotes when an item was closed/open and I want all the time in between as well, if that makes sense.  I was thinking about creating a new date column that spans between the min open date and max open date to use on my x-axis, then do a calculated field of if the new date is in between the open and close dates.

I was wondering if anyone has come across something similar before and if this is the best way to do it.  If so, how do I create this new date column, and if not, what is the best solution to use?

Thank you!

Amy