1 of 1 people found this helpful
For the captions to be updated, the Market and Product fields need to actually be on the Total Profit and Sales worksheet (i.e. on the level of detail shelf).
Hope this helps!
If place the Market and Product fields on the Total Profit and Sales worksheet (i.e. on the level of detail shelf), then I will get a line for every market and product, therefore not providing the total.
Any other suggestions?
You can do this by creating two calculations and using them instead of sum(Sales) and sum(Profit). I have reattached your workbook showing how to do this (below are the instructions):
1. Place Market and Product on the Level of Detail shelf.
2. Create a calculated field for total Sales similar to the following formula:
Create a similar calculation for total Profit: total(sum([Profit]))
3. Place both calculations on the rows shelf in place of Sales and Profit.
4. Right click on the total sales calculation and select Edit Table Calculation... Under the Compute Using menu select Advanced. In the resulting dialog, place Market then Product into the Compute Using box. Click OK. In the next box, choose Deepest for at the level and None for restarting every.
5. Repeat step 4 for total profit.
Hope this helps!
It does work now, thanks a lot.
I also foud another solutions, using a third "dummy" measure (Total Expense in my case), and using a "Multiple Mark Type". Then, place the Market and Product fields on the level of detail shelf, FOR JUST the "dummy measure".
Then make the dummy measure a Dual Axis, unckeck "show header", and fix the axis from zero to zero.
Seems to work too!!
I am attaching the workbook