Just wanted to let you know about a great job opportunity in the Boston area for Tableau junkies like yourselves. We are big sponsors of the Boston Tableau User group. SoundBite is a NASDAQ listed company and we've recently acquired 2 companies in the mobile space. Lots of exciting things and this is a great opportunity. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks! - Cris
Business Intelligence Analyst
Position Type: Full-time/Regular
Department: Client Management - Bedford, MA
Location: Bedford, MA
The Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for transforming SoundBite data into business information that helps fulfill strategic objectives. Utilizing data from SoundBite Engage®, our multi-channel communications platform, and SoundBite Insight®, our consumer preference management platform, the analyst will be challenged to find innovative ways to search for meaningful patterns, trends, and relationships with this data, and then visualize the findings to business leaders with varying backgrounds at our Fortune 500 client base. The company seeks a highly energetic, intellectually curious, intrinsically driven individual who can get things done both individually and through others. The successful applicant will have proven analytic background within a consumer-based online company. The successful candidate will have a passion for sharing their expertise and explaining what the data means in real-world business situations.
Data Analytics and Measurement
- Create organized, customized analysis and visualized projects and dashboards to present to Senior Level Executives.
- Understand trends and be able to provide clear verbal and written explanation of them.
- Process improvement and automation of existing manual tasks and reporting.
- Develop business case scenarios and build KPI dashboards from SoundBite production data utilizing Tableau.
- Participate in internal process improvement initiatives and recommend best practices to customers.
- Work with Data Warehouse team to help further drive BI initiatives, in bringing in relevant web analytics data into Data Warehouse.
- Ability to apply qualitative and quantitative assessments of data.
- Relational database experience and strong statistical and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think outside of the box when the “traditional” analytical tools cannot be utilized.
- Work with clients (internal and external) to understand key performance indicators (KPI) and to ensure they are accurately captured and tracked within dashboards.
- Possess experience presenting to and interacting with C-level executive teams
- Able to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an organization.
- Experience in the Contact Center, Telecommunications or Financial Service industries is important.
- B.S. in business, mathematics, statistics, finance or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in data visualization field. Must be very strong in this area in one of the following tools: IBM Cognos, SAP Business Objects, Tableau, Spotfire, logiXML or JasperSoft.
- Experience with SPSS and data statistical analysis skills are required.
- Experience with developing business case scenarios and models.
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint presentation and writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
For immediate consideration, send your cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com, referencing this job in the subject line.