1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 26, 2020 5:50 AM by Heyward Drummond

Map zoom on filter working in Public, but not on Embed

Ashley Hilliard

I have a map of organizations in Western Montana with a few filters to search. In Tableau and on Tableau Public, when the filters are used the map automatically zooms to show just those results on the map. However, on my organization's website where the Tableau visualization "lives", this automatic zoom is not working. I'm not sure what the issue is since it works on Public, but not on the embedded version.

Tableau Public version Tableau Public

My Organization's embedded version - Center for Children, Families, and Workforce Development - University Of Montana

Packaged workbook attached.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Map zoom on filter working in Public, but not on Embed
          Heyward Drummond

I suspect that the Tableau Server that is running on-premise may not be configured to have direct internet access so the server can reach the Tableau Mapping Servers. That can limit the zoom levels of maps.

I'm just taking a stab in the dark as I have seen several customers run into mapping issues only to find that the admin did not realize the server has to have access to the internet for proper mapping. Usually it is a firewall issue and the proper ports need to be opened as well as a whitelist created. If company policy is to block internet access, then an internal WMS server would solve the problem.

So a bit of research on the internal workings of how your Tableau Server was set up.