Eaton Vance, a leading Mutual Fund company, is looking for a BI Reporting Specialist to assist with the data collection and analytical needs for the enterprise. As part of the Enterprise Reporting and Analytics team, the Business Intelligence Reporting Specialist will be responsible for supporting the implementation and maintenance of reports and dashboards using Tableau Desktop, Tableau Prep and Tableau Server and transitioning existing reports and dashboards from OBIEE to Tableau.
The BI Specialist consults with clients on business needs translating those business needs into analytical and reporting requirements, collaborates with the team to design the most efficient solution, and communicates with stakeholders to ensure successful delivery and adoption of analytics.
- Collaborates with stakeholders and other team members to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery.
- Builds Tableau Data Models utilizing best practices, ensures data accuracy and ability to blend with other certified data sources. Maintains data sources on Tableau Server.
- Works extensively in Tableau Desktop designing and building highly customized dashboards to provide stunning visual analytics to key stakeholders.
- Assists Management in the development of project timelines and documentation. Continuously communicates with stakeholders regarding project statuses.
- Leads stakeholder demonstrations of new functionality and dashboards with ease and is a champion of Tableau in the organization.
- Provides exemplary support to stakeholders regarding data questions, Tableau and Tableau Prep working sessions, application enhancements, data extracts and SQL queries with a high level of urgency.
- Maintains a positive can-do attitude. Enjoys working in a collaborative fast-paced environment and works in a highly proactive fashion. A self-starter who seeks additional responsibilities and takes full ownership of projects.
- Has an unrelenting love of data and finding solutions to complex data-driven problems with an ability to focus on small details that are critical to the project goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration or Computer Science.
- Minimum of 2 years reporting analytics experience.
- Experience working with Tableau or similar reporting tool preferred.
- Basic SQL knowledge of database concepts, systems architecture, and data structures.
- During development activities, it may be necessary to provide support outside normal working hours.
- Superior written and oral communication skills are essential. A demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely with team members and high-level stakeholders alike.
- Ability to provide reasonably accurate estimates for projects, based on client-provided technical and functional requirements.
- Financial Services experience preferred but not required.