3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2020 5:12 AM by Jim Dehner

Dynamically update parameter (based on week numbers)

Tom van Liempt

Hi all,

I would like to update an existing report that makes use of a parameter, called 'Week selector'. This parameter displays the week number of a Date field and is constructed as follows; it's set to a Range, based on the values in the calculation/field week.
      Every time when new data is added, the parameter has to be updated manually to the newest weeknumber. Week numbers are however of a numeric data type instead of a data range, so a relative filter on the original date field does not seem to be a solution..?

Can someone help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Tom

• 1. Re: Dynamically update parameter (based on week numbers)
          Jim Dehner

Hi Tom

Dynamic parameters will be introduced with 2020 - the are in Beta testing now

until that point there is an extension that may meet your need

see below

see the video at   Dashboard Extensions

for how to use extension

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 2. Re: Dynamically update parameter (based on week numbers)
            Tom van Liempt

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your quick reply! I've tried implementing the data driven parameters extension, but I'm still a bit confused.

I have set the following options in order to make sure that the parameter (i.e. the extention) would automatically show the highest week number (integer data type). However, I still have to Reload (option in drop down menu of the extention) the extention and hereafter change the current value to the newest (highest) week number.

Do I miss something or is this just not possible at the moment?

Cheers,

Tom

• 3. Re: Dynamically update parameter (based on week numbers)
              Jim Dehner

good question

I reread the question and see that your parameter is a range -  Parameters a single valued - is the parameter a Week Number - or is it a range - or do you relate it to a range in a calculation

can you share the workbook or at least the parameter set up and the calculations/filters that are driven by the parameter'

Jim