12 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2020 4:10 AM by Matt Beasley

Fixing Colours to a Top 5 Pie Chart

Matt Beasley

Hi all,

I have a pie chart on my workbook that filters specifically to the top 5 most recurring errors out of a pool of 500+ different errors:

If I was to apply a filter for say the category the error falls into, the colours would change based upon the new top 5 most recurring errors for that category as such:

As I have 500+ errors and I am only limited to working with a certain amount of colours, it is next to impossible to have them all different colours/shades so I'm conscious of having the same/similar colour for two different segments of the pie chart appear next together and hence look indistinguishable.

My question is - is it possible to assign a specific colour for each rank of the top 5 entries that will appear consistently in the pie chart?

I.e. - The most recurring error on the pie chart will always be dark blue regardless of what filter is applied
            - The 2nd most recurring error on the pie chart will always be light blue regardless of what filter is applied
            - The 3rd most recurring error on the pie chart will always be light green regardless of what filter is applied etc etc...

Hope this is clear.

Thanks