1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2020 5:56 PM by Subodh Gupta Go to original post
      • 15. Re: creating filled map from zipcode data
        Subodh Gupta

Billy,

As I suspected, there is a cartesian product going on between your "sme community" file and the shapefile.

The region value 'WILAYAH  II / PALEMBANG' appears 9500 times in your shapefile and I believe you are joining on that column. So every that particular row in the "sme community" file is repeated 9500 times.  You can see similar counts for other region values.

Your shapefile is much more granular than your other datafile!

If the concern is the amount getting multiplied many thousands of times (and not the row count), a possible way to work around it (and I suggest you do it with extreme care) is to change the default aggregation of your measure to average. However, this has its own pitfall and caveats.

Subodh.

• 16. Re: creating filled map from zipcode data
          BILLY DAMANIK

Hi Subodh,

I already test some data, if I use average or distinct value, the result is not like my expectation.

Is it another way to create a region with only 1 row in shape file (not 9500 row for only 'WILAYAH  II / PALEMBANG')

Thanks

• 17. Re: creating filled map from zipcode data
            Subodh Gupta

>>Is it another way to create a region with only 1 row in shapefile (not 9500 rows for only 'WILAYAH  II / PALEMBANG')

Possibly, by some kind of manipulation of the shapefile in software like QGIS.

What I don't understand is that when you initially asked the question, I was under the impression that you had much granular data, but now it appears that your actual data is at a regional level?

Does your community file only have two columns in it: Region and Amount?

Where is that huge "IF" statement being used?

From the values in the IF statement, I think you have a shapefile that is way too granular. All you need is an administrative level 2 (city, district, regency - kota, kabupaten) Shapefile.  It only has 522 rows compared to 70000 records in your shapefile which has village-level data.  I could be wrong though. I don't know how your actual data looks.

Subodh.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 18. Re: creating filled map from zipcode data
              BILLY DAMANIK

Hi Subodh,

thank you for your help. I got shapefile from my friend. yes it's too granular, I will find out to simplify the shapefiles into kabupaten/kota and province only.

again, thank you very much....

• 19. Re: creating filled map from zipcode data
                Subodh Gupta

See attached. You might find it useful. It still will cause some duplication though!

1 2 Previous Next