Skip navigation

A Premium Version of Tableau Public

score 3
You have not voted. Active

I love Tableau public. It's been a fantastic tool for me to create content for clients as well as my own personal blog. However, I would be happy to pay for the service in exchange for some enhanced features. Like better performance/ more server control, allowing extensions to be embedded, self hosting, removing the tableau logo in the toolbar (adding my own!), in depth analytics etc. And I would be happy to pay for this service.

Unfortunately, the only other online services Tableau offers requires a Tableau login in order to view the viz. And the only way to get around this is getting a core license for over $70,000!

Going even further, I think that getting revenue from a paid version of public might even create an incentive to make features specifically for data journalists. Animations, links in text, crawl-able text, embedly integration, etc. Seriously the number of features you can add specifically for the public market go on and on.

Basically, I have a laundry list of features I would like added to the public experience. I accept the fact that I don't get everything I want for a free tool. So I am asking you to take my money in exchange for a more premium experience!

Comments

Vote history