Skip navigation

Use Context Filters in Server Web Edit   [Released 2019.3]

score 20
You have not voted. Released

I would like to be able to use Context Filters in the Web Edit screen instead of always having to set the context in Desktop.

Currently I am delivering reports to customers that have some calculated fields that use Level of Detail functionality.  I leverage context filters in my visualizations to make sure that the LOD functions are limited to the correct population and date period.  The issue is that I want my customers to be able to leverage and utilize these fields in web edit but without the context filters the fields will act differently in any newly created visualizations.

One example would be that within my visualization I want to do a calculation for whether a patient has been given a particular test at anytime during the time period regardless of payment.  I also want to then filter to only interactions where patients used private insurance.  This would meant that I would add a context filter for the date range and regular filter for insurance type.  This is easy to do in desktop and I would love to be able to share this with a larger audience.

--> Community Manager update Amanda Boyle

Feature released in Tableau 2019.3 version

Available today: Explain Data, Tableau Catalog, and Tableau Server Management Add-on | Tableau Software

Comments

Vote history