Calendar Layout for traditional view of dates -- an idea for Tableau v 10.0 !
Similar to mapping, only the map layers are different calendars. Enable showing data (as dots, bars, icons, etc.) on and across a traditional calendar layout. Options would include:
- Display name of day of week (e.g. Tuesday) or not with the date.
- Start week with day of choice (with default to Sunday or Monday).
- Display only certain days of the week or months of the year. (For example, to compare foot traffic in a store T-W-Th only).
- Ability to set a time period (e.g. a fiscal year that starts May 1st).
- Display/hide/shade standard holidays as well as custom ones.
- Zoom In/Out: From single day layout to several selected days, to a single week layout to multiple weeks, to a single month layout to multiple months, to a single year layout to multiple years.