A friend and former colleague of mine has an immediate opening in their group in Pawtucket, RI. Check out the deets below! If you have any questions just let me know; I can direct you to the right people.
Pet Food Experts is growing! As the leading distributor of pet food and supplies to independent retailers, we value strong, long-lasting relationships with our customers and vendors. Our Data Science Department based in Pawtucket, RI is an integral part of this goal.
Pet Food Experts is a proud recipient of the Best Places to Work award for 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017! We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, PTO, 401K and more!
Schedule: Full time, Monday through Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm
Support and assist the Data Science Department in the maintenance, integrity, and analysis of data for Pet Food Experts.
- Work with the enterprise to understand business/functional requirements
- Participate in design reviews and brainstorming sessions
- Take board requirements and transfer into fast developed prototypes and working solutions
- Create customized and interactive Tableau dashboards
- Work with data architects to define report performance optimized data models
- Define and communicate best practices for report and dashboard development
- Plan and execute test plans and test cases
- Proactively communicate status of development, raise/escalate issues/challenges as they arise
- Provide production support for new BI solutions
- Acquire data from sources and maintain databases/data systems, filter and “clean” data, review reports, printouts and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Create, maintain and provide dashboards, reports, and queries to other employees using query tools and dashboarding software, ultimately enabling the company to make informed and insightful business decisions
- Interpret data, including identifying trends and downfalls, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports including sales-related analysis
- Strong analytical skills with proven experience working with big data
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where individuals take accountability to impact the company’s bottom line
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with multiple levels of Management
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and achieve deadlines
- Significant experience creating clean, insightful dashboards using Tableau
- Eye for product excellence - developing low-latency, reliable reports/pipelines; designing with data visualization best practices.
- Solid understanding of data management concepts - data processing, analysis, visualization, security and discovery.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and plan their own work, while aligning with project priorities and changes to priorities.
- Ability to work independently as part of a larger team.
- Experience with agile development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including ability to write formulas and utilize Pivot Tables
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Tableau Certification
- Tableau Server administrative experience
- Experience with Google Big Query or other data warehouse platforms