Dear Tableau Community,
It’s a new day for data! We’re so excited to share that we are launching a new product, announcing new offerings, and releasing our latest software update today!
Three big things happening:
Tableau Prep (formerly Project Maestro) empowers more people to get to analysis faster by helping them quickly and confidently combine, shape, and clean their data. Check out the Community Forum Space: Tableau Prep and see it in action here: Tableau Prep: A new data preparation solution
Tableau’s new offerings designed to deliver the right capabilities to the right people – and at the right price, which creates more value for our customers than ever before.
And don’t forget about all the 2018.1 features. Check them out here.
▲ Join the celebration!
+ Our new offerings are making it easier to empower everyone with data—and that means our data family is growing. To celebrate, we want you to highlight YOUR data family—whether it’s a data mentor, a colleague, or even that amazing software you love, we want to take this moment to celebrate everyone and everything that helps you see and understand your data.
+ Here's how to participate:
1. Pick photos of you and your data family - these could be selfies or group photos from User Groups, conferences, or your daily life ... the list goes on and on!
2. Choose from one of the attached #DataFam filters and add it to your photos - like the example below!
3. Share these photos with the hashtag #DataFam on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
▲ 2018.1 Features from the Ideas Forum
Our latest release is chocked full of great new features. A number of them have come straight from your ideas in the forums! Here is a list of Ideas that have been flipped to Released:
- Hierarchy Filter from Ketta n originally posted in May, 2013 - this idea had 451 votes and 33 comments!
- The ability to view the usage of a calculated field / parameter created in February, 2017 by Community Forum Ambassador Lei Chen
- Support Spatial Objects in Databases from Ambassador Bill Lyons
- Go ahead and show details for error messages posted by Zen Master Joshua Milligan in July, 2016
- Silent installer for Tableau Desktop (ver. 10.5) posted by Dimitris Triantopoulos back in 2015
- Flexible User Licensing Model for Tableau Mid-Size User Base shared by Ojoswi Basu in August, 2016
- Improved server license model for medium size companies from Community forum leader Ketta n posted back in April, 2013
Portions of the following idea was released - but not exactly in line with the post. The product manager responsible has commented on the thread:
Thank you for being a part of the Tableau Community and our #DataFam!
Feel free to send submissions, suggestions, or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org