Happy Monday - we're full swing into August now, and there's no slowing down. Here's a peak into what happened last week -
The next Think Data Thursday will be announced later today - so keep your eyes open for that one!
Still trying to decide whether or not to go to Tableau Conference 2015 in Las Vegas? Well, all customers speakers have now been posted to maybe help you make your decision. Check them all out and their sessions here: Speakers | Tableau Conference 2015
Congratulations to Rody Zakovich for receiving the "Answer Wizard" badge! That means that 100 of his responses have been marked as correct by others. Rody joined the Tableau Community at the beginning of this year and has been perpetually been adding a considerable amount of valuable content to this community. Thank you Rody for all you do!
Just under a month ago, Ailsa Zheng received the "I Know Stuff!" (10 correct answers badge) and last week she achieved the "Questions for Breakfast" badge - 25 correct answers. She has been on a rampage helping them get their questions answered. Thank you Ailsa for helping the community!
Two new members have also achieved the "I Know Stuff!" badge this week - venkatesh.sharma and Ben Page. Both are relatively new members to the community (Ben only joined in July) and both are making a mark. Thank you both and we hope to continue seeing you in the community answering questions!
Most Talked About Thread
**This is characterized by the number of responses in a thread
Petr Romanov wanted to know How to create space between line and label. The issue Petr was having was the label of the line and it's value all on one line so that there was space between the end of his label and the viz. Jim Wahl helped him get pretty close to the desired outcome by using a bit of a workaround that involved using blank text boxes to hide some unwanted labels, etc.
(One of the) Top Viewed Threads
Allan Walker's post about Alternative background maps was the second highest viewed thread this week with 859 views. It's always interesting to see which threads get the most views and trying to guess. In this case, there hasn't even been any new activity on this post since January 2014 - maybe maps are just on everyone's minds these days.
Top Voted Idea
Looks like there's been a surge of interest in Japan this past week for Support Country Specific Fiscal Year. The idea was created by Yutaka Sato (a Tableau employee) just last week, and it already received 31 up-votes!
In Other News
- Bill Lyons added another amazing workbook to the Workbook & Calculation Library, Day-night map with twilight and marks. The amount of work that he put into this is unbelievable - from complicated calculations on a whiteboard to Tableau. Great work Bill!
- Rakhesh Nellikoppa needed help on a SOW Calculation (Share of wallet ) where he wanted to be able to find the SOW for a particular retailer without filtering out all the data. With the help of Simon Runc and Pooja Gandhi, the three worked together to determine that a couple of calculations were needed using LOD expressions - and solved the question!
- I love seeing people find threads that were posted long ago, yet still help them solve their answers. change date field level with parameter posted by Doug Erickson back in 2013 had responses from Mark Holtz and Steve Martin that helped not one, but two people this week - sunil kumar and sophia han.
- Nick Bachofen wanted to update the Project thumbnail view - custom options version 9 on his Tableau Server. Justin D'Cruze shared Russell Christopher's guest blog post by David Spezia about how to get this done - Adding Images to #Tableau Server Project Folders | Tableau Love
- Interested in seeing some LOD expressions being put to work? Check out this thread posted by Jonathan Mills - Aggregation delemma. Ben Page, Pooja Gandhi, and Rody Zakovich worked with Jonathan to get him the desired outcome.
Have a great week everyone and happy analyzing!
As always, feel free to send any comments, question, or suggestions for this digest my direction at firstname.lastname@example.org.