The month of July is zipping by - just a couple more days until August!
Last week, we announced our newest round of Tableau Ambassadors. The Tableau Ambassador Program Is Expanding! | Tableau Software Among the Tableau Community Forums Ambassadors, Pooja Gandhi, Jeff Strauss, and Tom W were included. Congratulations and thank you! We are lucky to have you as members of our Community.
This Thursday, we have a Think Data Thursday with Zen Masters, Shawn Wallwork, Steve Wexler, and Peter Gilks, presenting TDT: Tableau – How Did I Not Know That? - July 30, 2015. Have you ever been using Tableau and someone does something that looks so easy, but you didn't know was possible? If so, you don't want to miss this! You can register here.
Help us get a sense of how you use different BI tools on your mobile devices, etc. by taking a quick survey. To learn more and, please visit this post: Are you using business intelligence tools on mobile devices, embedded BI applications, or analyzing big data?
Looking to answer more questions in the forums? Check out the Crow's Nest and click on the Viz to see people who still need to get responses to their questions.
Most Talked About Thread
**This is characterized by the number of responses in a thread
Steve Martin is having some issues with tabcmd in tabcmd print pdf automation problem. This definitely is a sticky issue with a number of variables. Cristian Vasile, Jeff Strauss, and Toby Erkson have been endlessly trying to help Steve find a solution. It seems like Steve's going to the Support team to find a solution. Please share the outcome with us Steve, once you find the answer!
(One of the) Top Viewed Threads
Lindsay O'Keefe was having trouble Displaying a date as mm:ss. Rody Zakovich helped Lindsay and learned a couple things along the way from Jonathan Drummey about having mm:ss as a measure (by changing the formatting). Ultimately, kettan provided Lindsay with a calculation that got Lindsay the results she was looking for!
Top Voted Idea
In Other News:
- Kishan Balar was having an issue where DateDiff giving negative value when it shouldn't. Ben Page and Rody Zakovich quickly picked up on an error in some of the data - the start times were happening after the end times, thus giving a negative value. Kishan was able to pick out where the error was happening and make a fix. Ultimately, Michel Caissie came to save the day by sharing how to use HH vs. hh when using a 24 hour format.
- Michael Kourakos asked How do you overlay two maps?Joshua Milligan explained how only one set of latitude/longitude can be used as a time. The solution for Michael was to pivot his data, which it sounds like he'll do using the Excel plugin.
- Have you seen the Tableau Online Tip of the Week? Matthew Crissinger shared Tableau Online Tip of the Week: Using Scripts to Refresh On-premise Data Sources
- Nadia Garrett needed to Remove 0% on calculated fields in a pie chart. Alfredo Pirrone shared detailed instructions on how to get the solution using a parameter. Mark Fraser also provided another solution that could potentially help.
- Mark Salamon posted a question on Labels on Side by Side Bar Chart. Sometimes, it's just a simple answer, like that from Dana Withers, using Measure Values to solve your question.
Hope you all have a great week and until next time, happy analyzing!
Any questions, suggestions, or submissions for this digest please send my way at email@example.com