Just had my morning coffee and ready for the start of a good week, but first, a look into some upcoming events and what happened last week -
Don't forget to register and join us for this week's TDT (Think Data Thursday) at 8:00 AM PDT for TDT: Getting the Most Out of Tableau Server on June 18th, 2015. There will be a panel of some very experienced Tableau Server users, including Paul Banoub, Toby Erkson, Mark Jackson and Jeff Strauss.
You may have noticed the Tableau Community point system changed last week to encourage continued quality content being created. Check out the changes that were made here: Tableau Community Point System Changes.
Did you hear that Custom Site Logos are Now Available in Tableau Online? Read more articles that were published in the corporate blog here: Business Intelligence Blog | Tableau Software.
No major badges this week - but wanted to call out this awesome work by Bill Lyons - Re: Day and night change on map. Not sure that I'll ever stop being amazed by people's use cases and abilities to work with Tableau! Nice work Bill!!
And wanted to share this appreciation from Ramkumar Natarajan - Re: Show Mark Labels - Maximum and Total. Rody Zakovich, Prashant Sharma, and Sankarmagesh Rajan - thank you for being such valuable members of the Tableau Community!
Most Talked About Thread
**This is characterized by the number of responses in a thread
Omar Luna asked for some help with "Computing view layout" issue. He has a workbook with 2,300 map images and it was causing an issue when he would open it up. Jeff Strauss came up with a couple of suggestions that would point to the images on a server, but Omar didn't have access to the web for his presentation. Tom W took a stab of playing with the workbook and presented Omar with a couple of options that hopefully improved the experience. Omar, let us know if it helped by marking one their answers correct! Or let us know if you found another solution - hope the presentation went well!
(One of the) Top Viewed Threads
Many of the top viewed threads from the past week are some oldies, but goodies that we've seen a few times over the past few weeks. The thread that was created this week AND had the most views was How to calculate fiscal year written by Arun kumar. With the help of Jessy Cool he was able to solve his issue with a parameter and calculation.
Top Voted Idea
In Other News
- Eshwar Prasad asked how to find Retention %. With the help of Cyril Belmehdi, Eshwar learned that he could apply some of the same calculations he'd asked about previously and adopt them accordingly.
- Cristina Cruz searched for her issue before posting and stumbled across: Re: Trending Point in Time Data. She posted screenshots and more details about her specific scenario. Joe Mako offered to help her out on a screen share - another example of how great our community is!
- Yuva Chandra was running into Conneciton attempt fail Issue - on accessing a Daskboard. With the help of Toby Erkson and Justin D'Cruze, they were able to do some troubleshooting and narrow the issue down firewall port.
- Reuben Kearney shared a workbook in the Workbook & Calculation Library - Prioritisation dashboard for issues in Atlassian Jira - definitely useful for helping team prioritize which projects they should work on next. Thanks for sharing Reuben!
- Check out the Tableau Online Tip of the Week by Diego medrano: Tableau Online Tip of the Week: Use the Sync Client to Keep Your Data Fresh
Have a fabulous week everyone! Until next time, happy analyzing!
As always, feel free to send any submissions, comments or suggestions for this digest my direction at firstname.lastname@example.org.