Happy Monday everyone, hope everyone had a great weekend! Here's a look into the Tableau Community world from last week -
There weren't any 10+ correct answer badges given out this week, however, there were a couple of 5+ or "Help Desk" badges achieved last week. Frederick Wu joined the Community less than a month ago and has already had 5 of his responses marked as correct - thanks Frederick and we hope to continue seeing your help!
Rahul Upadhye also achieved this badge, and has been helping a lot of people. He also achieved the "Helping!" badge where 5+ of his responses were marked as helpful, as well. Thank you Rahul!
Finally, Hannah Johnson from Tableau's Support team has also achieved the Help Desk badge. Great job, Hannah!
Most Talked About Thread
**This is characterized by the number of responses in a thread.
Last week, Chris Pham asked How do you rank items with have a value and also null? For example, if I have values 100, 50, null, null -- I want to s… With the help of Tableau's Ben Neville provided Chris with a quick answer. Bora Beran suggested a better calculation to use, and Alexander Mou helped to provide some additional information so that Chris could filter his view as he wanted.
(One of the) Top Viewed Thread
I'm changing this portion of the Digest up a little, as we keep seeing many of the same pages show up to the top - i.e. Grow your own Filled Maps | Tableau Support Community, New Features in Tableau 9+?, and Johan's Ideas Collections | Tableau Support Community.
Last week, Jonathan Marcus's The Google Maps Embed API must be used in an iframe. was among the highest view thread. Most likely because Chris Sayers posted a potential solution that he found a couple of weeks ago.
Top Voted Idea
In Other News
- David Murphy shared this fun viz in Viz Talk related to *Spoiler Alert* Game of Thrones Death Viz
- Simon Runc created a document for the Workbook & Calculation Library. It is a great resource if you are ever looking how to create Dynamic Axis Labels/Formatting/Tooltips for Measure Selector.
- Shawn Wallwork picked up a the brain teaser posting that Jonathan had started a couple of weeks ago by posting: Educational Brain Teaser: Percent of Totals. See if you can solve it without looking at the answer first!
- Carolyn Marks asked how to Generate message for no visual. Rody Zakovich provided a very detailed answer with screenshots that solved the problem and Carolyn was extremely appreciative.
- Biyin Cai asked how to Interpret Performance Recording - where he was wondering exactly what was going on during a gap of time. Jeff Strauss provided step by step instructions and showed Biyin how best use the performance recording.
Have a great week and happy analyzing!
As always, feel free to send any suggestions, submissions or comments my direction at tfitzgerald@tableau.