Happy Tuesday all - and hopefully you had a great long weekend if you're in the States! Here's what was going on last week:
Last week we had our biggest turnout for a Think Data Thursday ever - over 240 people! Thank you to Craig Bloodworth, Joshua Milligan, Bora Beran and Bethany Lyons for hosting the TDT: LoD of the Rings - May 21, 2015. It was a great session - I think everyone learned something on the call! If you missed it, you can watch the recording found in the above link.
At the end of last week's TDT, the next one was also announced. Join us June 18th, for TDT: Getting the Most Out of Tableau Server on June 18th, 2015 with Paul Banoub, Toby Erkson, Mark Jackson and Jeff Strauss. Definitely a good one to check out!
Interested in learning "How to Excel Using Tableau"? Check out the Talk Data to Me webinar this Thursday at 10 AM PDT.
This is a heads up that in the near future the gaming/point structure of the Community will be changing. More to come next week.
Two people achieved the "I Know Stuff!" badge (10 responses marked as correct) - Rody Zakovich and Felix Curran. Rody joined the Community at the beginning of the year in January and has helped out quite a bit. He's even contributed to the Tableau Workbook Library and The specified item was not found., adding a document to each!
Felix just joined the Community back in March and has been making a fast impact. He's helped several people already. Thank you Rody and Felix for all your contributions to the Community!
Most Talked About Thread
(One of the) Top Viewed Threads
This was a hot one - posted last Thursday, it already has over 700 views. Divan du Preez wanted to know how to Email .pdf generated report using Lotus Notes. Mark Fraser provided some links that were of some use to Divan.
Top Voted Idea
Pietro Luigi Gentini created localize Tableau in Italian language last Monday and it made it top of the list for most votes this week with 26, giving a total of 30 upvotes. I love the comments below - pictures and Italian replies!
In Other News
- Speaking of different languages, another thread with a lot of comments on it this week was posted by wangyhaxatp.com. in Chinese (计算比率时，如何处理粒度比较粗的分母，使其不被翻倍加和？). Some Chinese speaking Tableau employees, Sein Chyi Woo and linke liu, and Alexander Mou stepped in and helped solve the issue. Very cool!
- This is a great thread talking about 9.0 and LOD calcs for creating a Histogram via Size() posted by Alexander Mou. Shawn Wallwork, Jonathan Drummey, and Jim Wahl commented on the post providing some more context.
- J Rosas was extremely thankful to Rody Zakovich in I'm trying to import my data from an excel sheet yet none of the values are going through. Rody helped J get his data set up in the best format for Tableau to read it appropriately and make it easier to work with.
- Toby Erkson shared a way easier way to redirect data sources to a different server on Tableau Server in Can we edit data connection from Tableau server for all reports and data sources, saving Akshay A alot of time.
- This one comes up quite a bit: Help!!, Column by invididual size posted by Victor Paz. As KK Molugu noted, it is not possible out of the box, however, Matt Lutton provided a workaround that worked for Victor - so it may be worth checking out if you run into the same issue.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.
As always, any questions, comments, concerns or suggestions for this digest can be sent my direction at firstname.lastname@example.org.