Happy Monday - it's really starting to feel like spring here in Seattle! The sun's shining and we're supposed to hit the low 70's today
This Thursday, we have a Think Data Thursday with KK Molugu, Kelly Martin and Anya A'hearn on TDT: Importance of Visual Aesthetics - How to Entertain, Engage, and Empower your audience - April 23, 2015. I definitely recommend tuning into this one!
You may have noticed a couple of people in the Community who have a new badge that looks like . These people are part of new program that we are rolling out known as the Tableau Ambassadors for the Community Forums. These people are recognized by Tableau for their exceptional leadership and contributions to the Tableau Community. They represent the spirit what the Tableau Community really is - we are lucky to have such passionate individuals among us. A more formal blog post will come out a little later introducing all of them, but please welcome our first group of Tableau Ambassadors!:
- Bill Lyons
- Joe Oppelt
- Jonathan Drummey
- KK Molugu
- Mark Fraser
- Matt Lutton
- Shawn Wallwork
- Simon Runc
- Toby Erkson
Last week, Sankarmagesh Rajan achieved the "Answer Wizard" badge - meaning 100 of his responses have been marked as Correct! Thank you Sankar, for all of your help answering questions!
Pooja Gandhi received the "Question Slayer" badge for her work in answering 50 questions correctly. Pooja apparently has a yellow Lamborghini mouse that she navigates the community with (check out here comments below the idea here: http://community.tableau.com/ideas/3996) - hope we get a pic soon! Thank you for all your help in the Community, Pooja!
Most Talked about Thread
Larsen Rennie asked a question Regarding Data Blending, in which Jonathan Drummey and Pooja Gandhi worked with Larsen to try troubleshooting the issue. There was a little back and forth between the three of them to figure out what exactly the issue was, but eventually, Jonathan was able pinpoint it - the secondary data source having a finer granularity. Looks like Larsen still needs help and may need to go about solving his problem in a different way.
Top Viewed Thread
One of the highest viewed threads last week (not the top viewed - that still belongs to Prashant Sharma's New Features in Tableau 9+? | Tableau Support Community), was Color Legend posted by David Fuentes. Though this was posted and solved two weeks ago with a couple different solutions from Shawn Wallwork, kettan, and Jonathan Drummey, last week the conversation continued. Jonathan's solution ultimately solved the issue using a highlight action filter - which he shared some insight on how they work compared to regular action filters.
Top Voted Idea
In Other News
- This question by brian.mcaulay is one that a lot of people run into - How do I show two date ranges in one Viz?Shawn Wallwork provided a step by step solution with screen shots using Custom SQL to solve this issue.
- A brand new community member, Frederick Wu, helped another fairly new user to the Community (Carrie Gallagher) in Using Calculated Field to Create Account Status based on Date by showing her the "datediff" function.
- Vipin Gopinath asked How to add a new column in tableau (Row ID) which is sequentially increasing ?Calvin Gaunce solved the question creating a calculated field and adding a table calc. Shawn Wallwork additionally gave some insight into using Index.
- Carlos Flores posted I want to split a Dimension to be chosen with 2 Parameters, simple but driving me crazy! Both Matt Lutton and Pooja Gandhi tried to help, but ultimately, it was Carlos who solved his own problem and posted the answer back to the Community.
- Melissa Joseph, a brand new member to the Tableau Community, and fairly new to Tableau - asked How to identify duplicates. She provided lots of detail and a packaged workbook, and she let the Community know she couldn't use Tableau 9. Well, that caught the attention of Joshua Milligan who loves a challenge and posted a detailed response. Did that solve this issue, Melissa?
Have a great week and until next time, happy analyzing!
Feel free to send any suggestions, comments or submissions for this digest my way at firstname.lastname@example.org