Holy Moley - I can't believe, it's the last week of February! This month really has flown by.
Recap of Events
This past Thursday, we had a fantastic Think Data Thursday with Michael Chen who presented TDT: Raiders of the Lost Postgres - February 19, 2015. If you missed it, there's a video and his powerpoint attached to the thread.
Interested in learning more about Tableau 9.0? Join the Virtual User Group on March 11: 9.0 Virtual Tableau User Group | Tableau Software
Last week, Tableau kumar received the "Question Slayer" badge for 50 of his answers being marked as correct! He has been supplying answers and help to al ot of people in this community, and on Sunday he shared Creating Indian Fiscal Calendar in the Workbook & Calculation Library. Thank you for all your contributions!
Bill Lyons has recently achieved the "Questions for Breakfast!" badge, answering 25 threads correctly! Not to mention, he's got some fun profile pictures Thank you Bill for your continued efforts!
Two members received the "I Know Stuff!" badge - Mark Lake (a fairly new member to the community) and Yuriy Fal (who has also been steadily receiving the Helpful answer badges). We appreciate both of your work and hope to see more of it!
Most Talked About Thread
**This is characterized by the number of responses in a thread
Last week's thread by Erin Gehn Running Total Column :: Running Total Row Ratio generated 30 replies. Almost the entire thread is between Erin and Joe Oppelt over three or four days. They went back and forth between finding a calculation that would get the desired values and finding how to hide and get the view that Erin wanted and need. Ultimately, it was one of Joe's earlier responses that resolved the issue - though it looks like they're still trying to find a solution with the real data behind the scenes.
Top Viewed Thread
This thread, created by Jonathan Marcus - The Google Maps Embed API must be used in an iframe. back in March of 2014, also received quite a few views. Andrew Norris "reopened" it, by referencing and asking Richard Leeke about getting the map to appear in an iframe. Though Richard was not necessarily able to solve the issue for Andrew, he did discover a change in Public's connection (it is now a secure connection using https:) and provided a next troubleshooting tip.
Top Voted Idea
In Other News
- Mark Jackson shared Top 10 pitfalls implementing Tableau Server - something to definitely check out and learn from if you're getting ready to install Tableau Server or ever have and ran into issues.
- It's not often that Jonathan Drummey posts a question in the forums, but when he does, you can bet it will be complicated and get some detailed responses. Can get trusted ticket via Python but not get views gained attention from Tableau employees, Russell Christopher and Robin Cottiss (who ultimately resolved the issue), and Jeff D who also provided some workarounds.
- Joe Foley asked a question regarding Graphing A Social Network. Though, there wasn't exactly as easy answer in terms of Tableau, I love seeing the types of responses and workarounds that it prompts - I find network graphs extremely interesting.
- alexander.petrik asked a question about Calculating and applying weight for survey data. By working with Shine Pulikathara, Jeff James and Vishruth Reddy (who ultimately solved it), he was able to find a solution that automated the desired outcome when his data updated.
- Shawn Wallwork posted this in the Crow's Nest (a place to find unanswered questions) -- Only the really tough are left! The thread has longtime participants in the Community providing their insights on how to participate in the Community - making sure to share what you know to be the correct answer, and if you aren't certain, providing a caveat that it's a guess. Always good advice to go with!
Have a great week everyone! As always, if you have any comments, suggestions or submissions for this digest, send them my way to firstname.lastname@example.org.