Can you believe we're more than halfway through January already?! This year is going to fly by. This month has already proven to be a successful one for the Community - check out this past week's activity here:
This week we have two people to welcome and thank for their contributions to the Community - Bill Lyons and Chris McClellan both received the "I Know Stuff!" badge (aka 10 of their answers were marked as correct). Thank you both - you're both very valuable members of the Community.
Most Talked About Thread
**This is characterized by the number of responses in a thread
This week's thread was Sujith Kumar Subbiah's post, Tickets Open and Closed, where he worked closely with Tom W who explained joining his tables with a left join would make it easier to get the desired outcome. Hopefully, Tom's calculation suggestion resolved the issue for Sujith.
Most Viewed Thread
This week the Tableau 9.0 Beta was released, so it's not too surprising that the most viewed thread was New Features in Tableau 9+? by Prashant Sharma. Prashant and kettan reference some other great resources for using Tableau 9 that I'd definitely encourage you to check out!
Top Voted Idea
Behind Dynamic Parameters this week, Make published dashboards look exactly like desktop dashboards created by Stephen Wagner was the most voted on idea this week with 14 votes. Pretty good, considering it was only created the week before. I would encourage users who run into this to submit this issue to our Support team.
In Other News
- Olivier CATHERIN did it again with an amazingly beautiful Sankey diagram in Decision trees, flow diagrams, sankeys in Tableau... here is a solution !!!
- James Keuning asked how to have his dashboard title update with the input data in I want to take my filter criteria and put it in a text box on a dashboard. Ultimately, Bill Lyons provided a solution using a worksheet with only the desired input fields on it.
- A year ago, Daniel Seisun asked how to Automate pdf generation using Tableau Desktop - the answer? Create an idea. Well, Dafang Wu posted last week a new solution where he created a script to do it. Cristian Vasile also added some additional resources to do this.
- Toby Erkson created an extremely useful document in the Server Administration community on Stopping a 8.x Tableau Server Background Task (Windows) - thanks for sharing Toby!
- You may have noticed the Ideas page has been updated to help people search and find ideas that are of interest to them. Check it out and let me know if you have any suggestions!
Hope everyone has a great week and until next time, Happy Analyzing!
Feel free to send any suggestions, submissions or feedback my way at email@example.com