Check out below for this week's Community Digest edition...
We have a new person who has attained the Answer Wizard badge (aka 100 replies marked as correct), Michel Caissie! In addition, Michel recently climbed the leaderboard and is now number 20. Thank you for all of your contributions Michel!
Simon Runc received the "Questions for Breakfast" badge (25 correct answers) on January 9 - pretty quick for having only joined the Community back in November.
Most Talked About Thread
**This is characterized by the numbers of responses in a thread
This week's thread was Patricio Panichelli's post about Two time series, one time axis. He provided a detailed description and workbook which prompted KK Molugu, kettan, ankit.narula and Jonathan Drummey to participate. After a few suggestions got him close, an explanation from Jonathan ultimately helped provide the "keys" to unlock the start of the "Tableau mental model."
Most Viewed Thread
This week's most viewed thread is the same as the most talked about - so the second most viewed thread is one posted by Chris McClellan in Data-based text message in dashboard. Chris wants to show specific text if there is null data - in which Tableau's Daniel Ong provides a calculation, as well as a formatting trick (Abhilash Ramanathan provides a workbook showing how it is done). However, it looks like Chris is still having a little trouble - hopefully, my recent post solved the issue!
Top Voted Idea
Behind Dynamic parameters (which had 12 votes this week), Multi-Values Parameters submitted by Loïc Grange received 10 votes this week. Third place this week, with 9 votes, was Alex Kerin's Automatic animation of page on Public/Server.
In Other News
- Steve Bennett shared a new tool for preparing your Google spreadsheets to bring into Tableau - similar to the Excel reshaper tool - in Free tool to normalize cross-tab data with Google Sheets - thanks for sharing Steve!
- Trent Baur was having an issue with Tableau Online in Data results in Tableau Online don't match Tableau Desktop. What I like about this post is that though Trent didn't receive any responses (sorry about that Trent!), he updated the thread with his findings and even his solution!
- Brandy Lackey shared a hint she uses with her Tableau Server users back in 2013 in Alter Mark Size on a Map when Zooming. Zach Leber revived it, noting that in 8.1+ it can be done without calculated fields, and instead with just parameters. Thank you both for sharing!
- M L asked How to add Flags (literally) to a bar chart. With the help of KK Molugu, ML learned one of my favorite tricks along with a couple of others along the way.
- I've mentioned it before, but I'll mention it again - I love seeing how much this Community cares for each other! This post by Siraj Samsudeen really shows just how much Tableau Water Charity by Tableau Kind. Joe Mako - I don't think we can thank you enough for how much you contribute and help others
Hope everyone has a great week and as always feel free to send me any suggestions or submissions for this digest at firstname.lastname@example.org.