This is the last week of the year, I can't believe it! Next week, I'll be creating a recap of the entire year in the Community, but here is some of what was happening this past week -
This week, we welcome someone who probably has way more than just 100 Correct Answers marked as correct, but since we added the badge, has recently joined - Zen Master, Jonathan Drummey, now has the "Answer Wizard" badge! Thank you, thank you Jonathan on behalf of all the people you have helped!
In addition, we two people have received the "I Know Stuff!" badge (10 answers marked as correct) - Darin Coulter and one of Tableau's own - Zach Pipkin. Thank you both for all your contributions, and we continue to see more of you in the Community!
Most Talked About Thread
**This is characterized by the number of responses to a thread
Lionel Yu asked Is it possible to use the Rows as the dimensions/measures instead of the Columns from the data source? He's referring to getting the data in Excel to show up with the columns and rows swapped. Bill Lyons and Syed Khadir Ahmed provided a couple of solutions (using the Swap button or a calculated field). Although, it looks like some SQL that Tom W provided may have solved the issue.
Most Viewed Thread
The most viewed thread of the week is related to Tableau Public. Whenever Rahul Agarwal publishes a specific view White Spaces on dashboard in front of sheets appear on his dashboard. Joe Oppelt tried to recreate it in Tableau Server, but it seems to only happen on Public. Rahul, I'll send this thread to our Public team to see if they can help out.
Top Voted Idea
In Other News
- This question was started the week before, but the discussion didn't really get started until last week when Tom W, Łukasz Majewski and kettan started working with Neil Deciantis in Day of Week vs. Day of Week in Previous Years. Looks like a combination of their answers helped solve it! Neil, can you mark one of them correct?
- Sorting via Alphabetical String by Erin Gehn produced a couple different solutions by Joe Oppelt and Pooja Gandhi that will surely help others with this same issue.
- Jackie Fried asked a Grand Total Question, where she probably wasn't able to add a packaged workbook, but it was a detailed question with screenshots so that she was able to get a solution using a combination of Zach Pipkin and KK Molugu's responses.
- I always like choosing questions where I see new people to the community helping other new people. Here (How to calculate what percentage of this year's customers are new?), Gatik Vij and Daniel Stokes (a Tableau employee) solved Ailsa Zheng's question and explained the difference between count and count distinct.
- Toby Erkson created a friendly and helpful reminder for the Workbook & Calculation Library - in Please document your content! Being able to see the awesome workbooks created is great, but learning how to create them can be even more inspiring!
- Merry Christmas to Tableau Community as it was Christmas last week, I couldn't help by share this post by Jessy Cool
Have a happy new year everyone! Be safe and until next week - Happy Analyzing!
Feel free to send any submissions or suggestions for this Digest to me at email@example.com