A lot was happening in the Community this week, but what else is new?! (Although, I suspect next week might be a little quieter since it's the US Thanksgiving.) Take a look into some of the activity that was happening below --
This Week's Events
Bethany Lyons presented a Think Data Thursday session talking about sets - and man! She brought up a ton of use cases. Thanks for sharing with us Bethany! If you missed it, don't worry, we recorded it and you can find it here: Think Data Thursday - November 20 - Let's talk about Sets Baby!
Did you know that Tableau is constantly adding new articles to the Tableau Knowledge Base? Each week, Rebecca Szper writes up a blog announcing new articles. Check them out here: Quick Fix Article News
You may have noticed a new icon on the front page of the Community this week. That's right, we now have a Server Administration community! Here, Tableau Server Admins can connect, see resources and chat about anything Tableau Server.
Tom W achieved the Answer Wizard challenge by having more than 100 of his answers marked as correct by others! Thanks Tom for all your help in the forums!
KK Molugu hit the 50 Correct Answers milestone this week, now a Question Slayer- great job, KK!
Most Talked About Thread
**This is characterized by the number of responses
sriaknt ivaitu needed to know i want to add description to measure names how to do it. There was a little bit of back and forth with Raghavendra M and Rishabh Dhingra about the desired outcome, but eventually kettan was able to provide a workable solution and provide some ideas worth voting up!
Top Viewed Thread
Bouzid A asked a question about getting his filter to work across multiple data sources in DB. I remember struggling with this concept when I first started. Joe Oppelt provided the solution of using a parameter to filter all sheets, though this didn't solve the issue for Lucciano since he needed the user to have the ability to make multiple solutions. Eventually Simon Runc was able to provide the solution of joining the tables, since all the Excel sheets were in the same Excel workbook.
Top Voted Idea
Again, Dynamic parameters got the most votes this week (20, in the last 7 days). However, the second most voted idea of the week is Tableau in Turkish (14 votes the last 7 days) - Tableau is really growing internationally!
In Other News
- Back in August, Keith Helfrich asked Why the Long Sankey ? Olivier CATHERIN revived the thread and provided some detail for a solution using polygons. He even wrote a detailed blog post on how it was done, check it out: Actinvision - Business Intelligence Experts / Data Visualization
- Talking about international - check out this thread that was written in French Salut je veux bien avoir le nombre des documents. Shawn Wallwork used Google translate to help majed kammoun find the right solution
- Benjamin Torgesen posted a tip on REST API using Perl simply because he hadn't seen anyone post on it before - thanks for sharing Benjamin!
- Shawn Milligan asked how to show multiple dimensions in bar chart and with the help of couple newer members of the community (sonal agrawal and Rishabh Dhingra), he was able to solve his issue.
- Alex Money asked how to Toggle between min, max and average. Mark Fraser solved the question by sharing one of my favorite solutions of using a parameter.
- Ratan Roy asked a more complex question with Sum Based on Group and unique category back in September that took the likes of Jonathan Drummey to answer. He came back with an additional question, and Matt Lutton way able to provide a just as detailed answer to solve it.
Have a happy Friday and a good weekend all! As always, feel free to send suggestions or submissions for this digest my direction at firstname.lastname@example.org