Happy November and happy Friday here's a peak into this week's community activity--
Congratulations to Grayson Deal who has had 25 of his answers marked correct (aka the "Questions for Breakfast!" badge). No small feat when you've only been participating in the Tableau Community since AUGUST! Thanks for all your contributions!
The Crow's Nest has been having some massive activity - and the last 5 weeks have been completely cleared out. Thanks to everyone who has been working out of it and getting at least some response to everyone who has asked a question in that time! And thanks to Shawn Wallwork who has continued advocating for this We're Killin' It on Crow's Nest!
Most Talked About Thread
**This is characterized by number of responses
Andy Piper asked a question regarding Tooltip sensitivity level - can it be modified? Tom W and Shawn Wallwork provided a couple potential solutions, but looks like it may need to be something that is investigated from the Tableau side. Maybe Dan Huff can take a look?
Top Viewed Thread
This is an oldie, but one that's been getting a lot of views lately. Back in 2012, Murali Vasudevan asked a question on Color Coding by column instead of the entire row. As a result Jonathan Drummey created his epic formatting workbook, which has recently been updated and can be found here: http://public.tableausoftware.com/profile/jonathan.drummey#!/vizhome/conditionalformattingv4/Introduction It's still helping people, as both Christine Harling and Wendy Foslien found out earlier this year.
In Other News
- Alessandro Pintucchi asked the question How to edit a custom SQL query in Tableau 8.2 when the table/view in the query has been changed or removed? With 8.2, a couple ways things are done have changed. brad.earle.1 was able to provide some screenshots and solve Alessandro's issue
- Sam Breslin needed help with a Calculated Field Help. By answering with a sample workbook, Todd Stone was not only able to answer the original question, but help solve Sam's follow up question as well - just showing that having a workbook and some context always helps get to the heart of the issue!
- Cube questions always make me nervous - but allan.walker.0 didn't shy away from it when Kai Brockmann asked Cube - create map from geography attribute
- I never knew the view in this post was known as an Origami Chart in Tableau. Looks like both SathishKumar Parthasarathy and Jonathan Drummey were working on this one simultaneously. Hopefully, the last solution post helped bhawesh.jha
- Jonathan Gogel asked a question on how to get a specific view related to How To Visualize Cumulative Results Over Time? After going back a couple of times with Matt Lutton to better understand the desired outcome, Jon Dugger came in adding more clarification and KK Molugu came in with the win because he had recently done something similar for his job.
- I always like to throw at least one Tableau Server related question in here - and though this specific question doesn't come up a lot, the resources Matt Lutton provided Pablo D Speranza in Tableau Server Tooltips have proven useful for a lot of people.
Until next week, have a great weekend! As always, if you have any suggestions or submissions for this weekly digest, feel free to send it my way at email@example.com